Join the Schwartz Center Team!
The Schwartz Center for Compassionate Healthcare is an independent, nonprofit organization based at Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston. Our mission is simple, but compelling: to promote compassionate care so that patients and their healthcare providers relate to one another in a way that provides hope to the patient, support to caregivers, and sustenance to the healing process. We are currently accepting applications for the following positions:
- Development Intern – Fall 2019 (Summer 2019 internship positions are filled)
Development Intern – Fall 2019
The Schwartz Center for Compassionate Healthcare is a nonprofit organization dedicated to strengthening relationships between patients and their clinical caregivers; our programs are run in hospitals and healthcare sites across the country. The Schwartz Center relies on charitable contributions from individuals, corporations, and foundations to carry out its work, so our development staff is engaged in a variety of fundraising activities. Development Interns are an essential part of the development team. They provide day-to-day office support for fundraising activities, work extensively with the fundraising database, and assist in preparations for mailings and events. Development Interns receive training and build skills in The Raiser’s Edge, a fundraising software program used by many non-profit organizations.
- Researching potential funders;
- Helping with preparations for events;
- Updating donor information in the database;
- Transcribing meeting notes;
- Organizing materials for mailings;
- Preparing donor acknowledgement letters;
- General administrative support, which includes filing, photocopying, scanning, etc.;
- Assisting with other development and events activities as needed.
Internship Period and Commitment: The Schwartz Center is seeking 1-3 Development Interns for the Fall. Internships are part-time and unpaid with an expected commitment of 12 or more hours per week. The schedule is negotiable, but must fit within the standard Monday – Friday work week.
Location: We are located at 100 Cambridge Street in Boston. It is across the street from the Bowdoin MBTA station on the Blue Line, and less than a 10-minute walk from Haymarket Station on the Green and Orange Lines as well as a 10 minute walk from Charles/MGH on the Red Line.
- Applicants must be currently enrolled in a higher education degree program and arrange to obtain college/university credit for their internship.
- Development Interns must be mature, reliable, detail-oriented, and self-driven, with a strong commitment to the quality of their work.
- Applicants should have an interest in fundraising or non-profit organizations and have strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of Windows, Microsoft Word and Excel is required; previous office experience is preferred.
To Apply: Please email a cover letter and resume to Melissa Thaler at firstname.lastname@example.org.