Join the Schwartz Center Team!
The Schwartz Center for Compassionate Healthcare is an independent, nonprofit organization based at Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston. Our mission is simple, but compelling: to promote compassionate care so that patients and their healthcare providers relate to one another in a way that provides hope to the patient, support to caregivers, and sustenance to the healing process. We are currently accepting applications for the following positions:
- Schwartz Center Intern – Fall 2019
Schwartz Center Intern – Fall 2019
The Schwartz Center for Compassionate Healthcare is a nonprofit organization dedicated to strengthening relationships between patients and their clinical caregivers; our programs take place in hospitals and healthcare facilities across the country. The Schwartz Center relies on charitable contributions from individuals, corporations, and foundations to carry out its work, so our development staff is engaged in a variety of fundraising activities.
Schwartz Center interns are an essential part of our team. Interns will gain experience in virtually every aspect of nonprofit work, from development to communications, and from finance to programming.
Interns provide day-to-day project support for our staff, work extensively with our databases, support our social media accounts, communications projects and assist in preparations for mailings and events, among many other projects. Schwartz Center interns receive training and build skills in The Raiser’s Edge and Sales Force, software programs used by many nonprofit organizations.
- Helping with preparations for events
- Creating content for our social media accounts and analyzing social data
- Assisting with a variety of marketing and communications tasks
- Updating and analyzing donor information in the database
- Supporting our finance team as needed
- Use Salesforce to provide support for member engagement and the membership pipeline
- Assisting with fundraising efforts by researching donors, assisting with mailings, and more
- Performing background research to support communications and media relations projects
- Opportunity to work on an independent project of your choosing
- General administrative support, which includes filing, photocopying, scanning, etc.
- Assisting with other activities as needed
Internship Period and Commitment: The Schwartz Center is seeking two interns for the fall. Internships are part-time and unpaid with an expected commitment of approximately 10 hours per week. The schedule is negotiable, but must fit within the standard Monday-Friday work week.
Location: We are located at 100 Cambridge Street in Boston. It is across the street from the Bowdoin MBTA station on the Blue Line, and a 6-minute walk from Haymarket Station on the Green and Orange Lines as well as a 10-minute walk from Charles/MGH on the Red Line and the commuter rail lines at North Station.
- Applicants must be currently enrolled in a higher education degree program and arrange to obtain college/university credit for their internship.
- Development Interns must be mature, reliable, detail-oriented, and self-driven, with a strong commitment to the quality of their work.
- Applicants should have an interest in fundraising or non-profit organizations and have strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of Windows, Microsoft Word and Excel is required; previous office experience is preferred.
To Apply: Please email a cover letter and resume to Melissa Restivo at email@example.com.